Let’s Talk about IT!
There’s one thing you might not know that could cause you to grieve even more. (It’s closer to home than any other issue.)
The LIV Super Bowl Half-Time show happened last night. It is affecting our culture today. Let’s speak out and be a voice for holy sexuality.
Let’s be a part of the SOLUTION.
Yes! We saw entertainment that was inappropriate for children. (Even though children were included. )
Yes! This type of dancing degrades women and healthy, Godly sexuality.
Yes! These images contribute to sexual exploitation.
It can also be said though, that the performers are highly talented, and as individuals are worthy of value and God’s love. They are merely products of our culture, following the social trends of the day. Knowing this is the norm for our society can grieve our hearts for sure.
But how does this impact the Christian marriage– between husband and wife?
From my experience, as a relationship coach and a leader in the church since the 1980s, Christian couples are both uninformed and misinformed about healthy, Godly sexual intimacy in marriage.
So how will the Half-Time show impact a multitude of Christian marriages (maybe even your own)?
1. They will be repulsed, angered and judgmental. All of their “NO-s’ will be reinforced.
2. They will be mildly intrigued, curious and swayed. Their standard for morality isn’t secure.
3. They will be shamed again for their past experiences. But not willing or able to get help.
4. They will shut down their sexual expression with their own spouse. You can’t be ‘hot’ and holy.
Why do Christians struggle with healthy and Godly intimacy in marriage?
1. They spend a lot of time and energy countering the world and their own past.
2. They trip up on sexual messages embedded in church culture that have been twisted.
3. They CAN’T TALK OPENLY with their spouse about sex.
4. They don’t have a foundation of trust, vulnerability and commitment.
5. They have no idea how to apply verses like Hebrews 13:4 in a practical way.
The good news is:
1. Healing, freedom and joy in intimacy is available.
2. Emotional intimacy can be learned.
We will ONLY change the sexual climate if we speak out.
The images you saw at Half-Time are truly disturbing. But there is so much more at stake.
The images you are not seeing (the hurt, dysfunction and trauma in bedrooms of Christian married couples) is devastating heartbreak. That is what you can truly grieve.
We have HIS love yet we don’t know how to bring it into our most intimate connections.
That’s why I created Limitless Intimacy, LLC, to bring healing and joy to the sexual soul. Father God’s love is limitless.
HE wants the very best for us.
When we release the hurt, lies and shame and replace it with His love and truth, we restore His design for intimacy and reclaim ALL HE has for us. Then, we overflow His love and reconcile others.
Please reach out if this speaks to you.
Do you want personal healing? We can talk.
Do you want to bring this message of healthy intimacy God’s way to your group? Let’s talk.
Let’s be the SOLUTION. Let’s talk.